If you're like me and you like it when the Tailwind app verbally announces "Your Garage Door Just Opened", it can be a bummer when it suddenly stops working. Recently this happened to a small number of our customers after an Android app update. Below you will find a simple process that should get your verbal notifications working again. Your phone menus may look different than this example due to the vast number of phones and Android OS versions, but the general concept is the same. Log out. Delete the data. Log back in.
1) Log out of the Tailwind app
2) Go to your phone settings
3) Tap on "apps"
4) Locate the Tailwind app and tap on it
5) Tap on "Storage"
6) Tap on "clear cache" and "clear memory"
7) Log back into the Tailwind app. Your verbal notifications should now be working again assuming you have the "verbal notification" box checked in the Tailwind app. You should not have to re-do your battery optimization and background data usage settings. You'll see a warning box about it, but they should be unaffected by this process.