Not receiving notifications can happen upon initial setup on occasion. To get notifications working please follow these steps:
1) Make sure you have given the app permission to send you notifications. This will be under “settings” in your phone.
2) Clear your notifications tray. On Android, if too many notifications from one app pile up in the notification tray, new notifications may stop appearing. Simply swipe down from the top of the screen and clear your Tailwind notifications.
3) Under “Notifications” in your Tailwind app, make sure notifications are turned on. You do not need to set a schedule. Simply turning them on is enough. Setting a schedule defines the time window when you wish to receive notifications, meaning you will NOT receive notifications outside that window. If you always want to receive notifications, do not set a schedule.
4) Log out of the app and log back in. This will reset the notifications and should get them working again assuming steps 1 through 3 have been followed.
Went through the steps then opened the door and got the notification. Then closed the door and . . . nothing. Kinda frustrating. Would also be nice to be able to set a custom notification sound for the app. The spoken notification, when it works, is ok but a bit much. But would be nice to have a separate sound do I'd know immediately it was the garage door opening or closing.
Sorry you're having trouble with the closing notification. Did it sort itself out or are you still only getting notifications when the door opens?
Notifications mostly do not work. Every now and then, usually first thing in the morning when I leave, I'll get a notification. But over the past week I can only remember getting notifications 2 or 3 times.
There are a couple things this could be.
1) If you are using Android you need to clear your notifications from the notifications tray (the one where you swipe down on your phone). That has a maximum of 24 notifications per app. Once you hit 24, all notifications from that app stop coming.
2) Make sure your door shows the correct state (open / closed) in the app. If the door sensor isn't picking up door state changes, it won't send a notification.
The door does show the correct state.
And I just cleared notifications and then opened and closed the door and I can see a notification on my phone, but there's no sound involved. And maybe I wasn't clear, but that's always been the issue I've been having. I do see the notifications on the phone, but I only get the audible notification randomly and mostly it doesn't happen.
Hmm.. not really sure what would cause that. I know some Android phones will go into a sleep mode that actually stops ALL notification sounds until you unlock the phone and then they all come in. I'm not sure if that's happening in your case or not. We use regular push notification services from Google for our Android notifications so ours aren't any different than other apps.
Well, I've let this go for a bit. But I just ran some more organized tests and it appears the ONLY time I get notifications are if the app is actually running in the background. That is most definitely not the case with all the other apps I use on Android.
Please sign in to leave a comment.